If you are like most business owners you are probably seeking to maximize your profits while minimizing your risks when it comes to business expenditures. For most businesses the largest operational cost is staffing and employment. Because of this, employers are looking into alternative ways to cut down on sunk cost when it comes to training and testing new employees.
The Birth of Temporary Labor Companies.
- In comes Staffing Agencies and Temporary Labor Providers. Staffing agencies seek to span the gap between employee and employer allowing a seamless transition between ramping up production and hiring new employees. You may currently be looking into working with a staffing agency but are on the fence because you are unsure of how they operate or how widely they are used. See (Why Labor Works)
Temporary Labor and Staffing Agency Statistics:
Information Provided by: The American Staffing Association
In the U.S., there are about 20,000 staffing and recruiting companies, which altogether operate around 39,000 offices. Approximately 55% of companies and 74% of offices are in the temporary and contract staffing sector of the industry.
More than three million temporary and contract employees work for America’s staffing companies during an average week.
During the course of a year, America’s staffing companies hire nearly 15 million temporary and contract employees.
What do the temporary Laborers Think of their jobs?
- Most (76%) work full time, comparable to the overall workforce (82%).
- Half (49%) of staffing employees say it’s a way to get a permanent job.
- Nine out 10 said staffing work made them more employable.
- One-third (35%) were offered a permanent job by a client where they worked on an assignment, and two-thirds (66%) of those accepted the offers of permanent employment.
Thinking about taking the next step with a Temporary Staffing Agency?
If you are a business check out the nearest LaborWorks and find your next employee today! Or, if you are looking for your next employment opportunity fill out our online application and get one step closer to your new job.